You are working as a business analyst for ‘Deliveroo’, a multi-national company operating in the food delivery sector headquartered in London. Founded in 2013, this company has already expanded into nearly 800 towns and cities across 12 countries spread over different continents and have intention to expand further into new countries.
Your task is to produce an individual written report to the Board of Directors of Deliveroo, in order to advise them on the concept of ‘globalisation’ and the challenges this creates for global businesses trying to enter new markets.
For this task you are required to investigate and explain the concept of globalisation and identify the key factors which drive this phenomenon, such as:
- different levels of economic integration,
- trade and investment opportunities,
- technological advancements,
- the costs of globalisation i.e. operating internationally,
- market conditions, and
- the competitive environment.