You are required to carry out a research project, in which you write a 1,250-word report based on your findings. Within the report you are required to include at least one graph, chart and table.
In addition, you have two worksheets that you must complete, which in total will comprise of approximately 750 words.
Worksheet One: Ethical Approval (1.3)
On the given worksheet you are required to identify and agree an extended writing project with the knowledge domain of your diploma (1.1), develop a project brief (1.2).
Your worksheet will identify any ethical, practical or safety issues that may arise during your project. You must explain how these will be managed/overcome (1.3). This will need to be submitted with your report.
Worksheet Two: Research Log (1.4)
Your logbook will be used to enable you to maintain a record of the progress of your project through all stages of the research; from development to completion (1.4).
Guidance: record the activities you carry out in relation to your project which show your planning, etc to final completion of the project. This will need to be submitted with your report.
Structure your project using the following headings:
- Literature Review- you will identify and conduct in-depth research using a wide range of resources (2.1)
- Methodology - briefly outline how you will conduct your research. Most of this will be outlined in your ethical approval worksheet, however.
- Results- this is where you will include tables, charts and graphs of your data. You must include at least one graph, chart and table. You will select appropriate information and/or evidence from your research here (3.1)
- Evaluation- Analyse your findings and develop ideas (3.2). You must also evaluate your own writing in relation to the brief here (5.1).
- Conclusion and Recommendations- within this section you must identify recommendations for the future (5.2). See overleaf for more information
Your whole project will evidence producing a body of body of work which meets the brief and includes complex ideas (3.3). You must write coherently in a conventional style, appropriate to your diploma (4.1). The project must be referenced consistently using the Harvard referencing style (4.2).