You are required to write an individual report critically evaluating the importance Business Intelligence and the role it plays in the strategic management.
First, select a company of your choice to work on. And using the example of the selected company
1. Discuss the role Business Intelligence play in the selected organization to help in the decision-making process. Provide specific examples of decisions.
2. Discuss how the selected organisation can achieve competitive advantage using business intelligence. Provide relevant examples of scenarios and frameworks to critically analyze the competitive advantage.
- You are expected to do much background reading from textbooks and other academic journal articles as well as conduct adequately research evidence to support your review, synthesis and discussion.
- Reference style must follow Harvard Reference Systems, e.g. EJIS style (European Journal of Information Systems). The university library web site has “A guide to academic referencing” at http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/guides/ref
- The report should be word-processed, the length of your critique should be around 2000 words (± 10%). Please state the number of words using Word Count function at the end of your report.
- Do not include any elements that have been submitted or marked in previous submissions without correct referencing. To use chunks of work previously submitted is considered to be self-plagiarism.
· This is an individual assessment.
Each student must only submit an e-copy online using ONLY BREO’s link. Please follow the instructions provided in BREO’s “Assessment & Feedback” folder. Your work will NOT be assessed if you failed to submit a copy online before 10.00am on 05/11/2021, without approved Mitigation.
- Note: Your e-copy submissions must contain the full report, i.e. front page, content, and references. And you must use full Harvard referencing.
- You will be marked as fail if you have missed the deadline for online submission.
- Your assignment will be scanned by a plagiarism detecting tool (turnitin). Any attempt of plagiarising your work will be detected and penalised.
- Your assignment must be a piece of personal and genuine work. If suspected with plagiarism, fabrication, impersonation, or any other forms of academic offence, a viva will be conducted prior to the disciplinary action.
- Any student, which fails to follow above specifications will NOT be assessed.