You must produce an individual Report addressing a business research problem. The report should contain the
- Clearly defined business research problem
- Brief Literature Review covering relevant concepts, models and/or theories
- Identification of a dataset sourced from the Office of National Statistics (ONS) website that will enable you to address your chosen business research problem
- Quantitative analysis of the dataset using tools and techniques from the unit with the submission of the spreadsheet along with your individual written Report
- Visualisations of data drawn from your quantitative analysis (e.g. tables, charts, graphs)
- Findings and conclusions drawn from the quantitative analysis of the dataset that addresses the business research problem
The purpose of the individual report is to allow the student the opportunity to explore an area of the course in depth, and demonstrate evidence of independent critical thought and research. You will need to identify a business research problem and freely provided by the Office of National Statistics (https://www.ons.gov.uk/) to provide a solution to the business research problem you have identified. Additional databases and data could be used by exception and only after consultation with the tutor.
When developing your own business research problem you should consult with your tutor with regards to their appropriateness. Please keep in mind that the focus of this assessment is not on the problem itself but the way you use quantitative data to find a solution to the business research problem.
You should maintain good references using the Harvard system. Incorrect referencing will be penalised. Do use visual aids in order to facilitate your data analysis and presentation. Clearly defined business research problem
An electronic copy of the Report along with the Excel spreadsheet containing the dataset and your quantitative analysis must be provided.